Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bloggiest Ole 2 The Middle

My progress after 8 hours of work:

Original goals on Bloggiesta Ole 2 The Beginning

***Make a Reviews by Author page. - DONE - Also have alphabetical Reviews by Title on the same page. Oy did I find some scam posts on my old reviews-so much extra work.

***Answer all comments, and visit every commenter's blog (I'm faithful about the latter part but do not always comment when books or subjects are out of my areas of interest). DONE (including visit several new to me blogs) Must continue the habit.

***Fix labels- simplify, reduce number of labels on posts, fix labels on review posts, set up labels for 2010- don't know how that last would be done. WORKING ON IT- what a rikrfrakn mess this is.

******Clean up links to reader/followed blogs. HALF WAY DONE- not many defunct, happy to say. Caught one I thought I had listed and didn't - shame on me, since she reads my blog.

To my readers, and lurkers too:


*** If you deal with literary fiction on your blog and think I might want to read it - let me know. I will take a good look around your blog when I have time and bookmark you if you have something to offer. I may decide to follow you but there's a waiting list (it's very short at the moment), because my link reader is full.
(A link or button to a list of all your reviews on one page is a really good idea to make things easier for me - and everyone else, so please consider it if you don't have one)

***Invite people to guest post. I did this before and it helped me so much when I was not up to writing reviews. Consider yourself invited. Email me if you're interested, I have lots of ideas. - GOT ONE

John Mutford at The Book Mine Set is a reviewer who's been blogging since 1982 and has had articles published all over. This man reviews everything; literature, poetry, short stories, Shakespeare's plays, even books of the Bible, he's fearless. I'm over the moon to think he'd do that for me. We are hammering out negotiations by email now.


Invitations to guest blog are still open. One of the things I like to do is use older reviews of books that I've read myself. Usually only a few people have seen these posts you worked so hard on and then they're almost forgotten for the all new ones that come along. You'll get full credit and a link to your blog. Just leave a comment or email me. Address is right at the top of the page.

I am pooped so off to bed - the sandman is beating me to death.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you're making great progress! My labels are a total mess, too. I just don't have the energy to tackle fixing that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "reviews by author" page sounds like a good idea. If I get done with the mini-challenge I may tack that on to stuff to do. I've wrote it down on a post-it, so hopefully I'll get to that even if it's not during Bloggiesta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress you've made! The labels are hard work, I know! We are in the Blogiesta home stretch now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Saturday Network

    Just wanted to say thank you for participating! And great job with the goals. It's always great to see a well-sorted reviews list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you got a lot accomplished during the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job. I'd guest post for you if I had something interesting to say. I really am bad about thinking up topics myself, but I'd be happy to guest post if you want to give me a topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sandra. Thanks for participating in the Bloggiesta! I know what you mean by those labels. What a mess mine are!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

"25 Books That Caused A Commotion" (1) 4 1/2 stars (5) 4 stars (6) 5 stars (8) American literature (21) Asian American authors (1) Australian literature (3) book awards (10) book giveaways (23) book news (4) booking through thursday (3) Books Read This Week (2) Books TBR in 2009 (1) Burma (1) Cambodia (2) Canada (11) Canadian lit (3) Canadian literature (11) Columbian literature (1) Cover Attraction (3) doctors (1) education (1) elephants (1) England (3) English literature (5) environment (1) epistolary fiction (4) Ex-Cottagers in Love (1) family (3) fiction (2) five stars (2) forewords (1) four and a half stars (1) four stars (1) French literature (3) Friday Finds (6) Giller Prize (2) Giller Prize longlist (1) Giller Prize Winner 2008 (1) guest reviews (10) Hachette (2) haiku (4) Haiku Friday (5) historical fiction (6) humour (1) immigrants (1) Index of Books Reviewed (1) interview (1) Iraq (1) Israel (2) Israeli literature (1) It's Monday What are you reading this week? (2) Italian literature (1) Italy (1) Jerusalem (1) Jewish Book Month (3) Jewish Literature (6) Jewish Literature Challenge (2) Judaism (1) Latin American literature (1) Latin American Reading Challenge (1) library books (1) Library Loot (28) Library Loot July 22 (1) literary fiction (38) literature (20) literature in translation (1) love stories (2) Mailbox Monday (19) male friendship (1) marriage (1) medicine (1) memoir (1) music (1) Musing Mondays (2) My Favourite Reads (1) my work (1) mystery (1) Native Canadians (1) New Crayons (6) New Crayons July 5 (1) New England (1) New York (1) Nigeria (1) Nigerian literature (1) Nobel author (3) Nobel authors (1) Nobel Laureate (1) non-fiction (1) Norway (1) Norwegian literature (1) Nova Scotia (1) Orange Prize (2) ornithology (1) Orthodox Judaism (1) psychological fiction (3) Pulitzer Project (1) rating system (1) Read 'Em Yet? Wednesday (1) Read in 2008 (1) reading challenges (62) reading challenges 2010 (1) reviews (46) Russia (1) Russian literature (1) Salon Sunday (1) Scandinavian mystery (1) short stories (2) Show Me 5 Saturday (2) Spanish literature (2) Sunday Salon (3) The Complete Booker Reading Challenge (1) The Martel-Harper Challenge (1) The Sunday Salon (12) Thursday Tea (4) Toronto (1) translation (2) triplets (1) TSS (2) TSS June in Review (1) TSS March in Review (1) TSS May in Review (1) TSS Week in Review (2) Turkish literature (2) Venice (1) Waiting on Wednesday (8) Waiting on Wednesday July 15 (1) war stories (2) Weekly Geeks (11) What Are You Reading On Mondays? (10) What's On Your Nightstand? (8) winners (14) women writers (2) Wondrous Words (1) Wordless Wednesday (3) writers (1) WW II (2) Wyoming (1)
free logo design

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin